Monday, January 11, 2010

BLOG: I DON'T TALK LIKE A TREEHUGGER AND I NEVER WILL

INTERVIEW QUESTION: How is your previous career useful in your current position?

ANSWER: One of the reasons I'm effective is because I'm from the private sector. I don't talk like a treehugger and I never will. Secondly, my marketing background has been indispensable to creating momentum and lots of noise for CAN. Since we have to stretch every dollar, more ingenuity and guerrilla tactics are required from me than ever before. I have embraced this challenge as a way to buff my skill set even further. Right now, I'm plunging into social media, a comparatively new domain for me and totally virgin territory for most HK organizations. Finally, it goes without saying that the skills of writing, thinking and argumentation, which have been well honed over the years, are the indispensable tools of my stock-in-trade on a daily basis. But this is no different than if i were helming any business organization.

Follow me at http://twitter.com/joanneooi
http://cleanairnetwork.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment